Fluid Power (Part 2) - Hydraulic Power Units
This online engineering PDH course provides general information on the types and applications of hydraulic prime movers such as rotary pumps, gear pumps, screw pumps and piston pumps along with the network of valves, piping and fittings. It also discusses several types of seals and packing used in fluid power systems.
Fluid systems are utilized in many engineering systems like machine tools, heavy machinery, chemical processes, automotive equipment, aircraft, missiles, and space vehicles. All fluid systems involve the use of power unit comprising of pumps, valves, piping, tubing, and hoses used to convey fluid under pressure.
This 6 PDH online course is applicable to mechanical engineers, design professionals, service technicians, operational & maintenance personnel, and facility engineers who are interested in gaining a better understanding in the hydraulic power units of fluid.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn the various classification of pumps such as non-positive displacement, positive displacement, fixed displacement, variable displacement, fixed delivery, variable delivery, constant volume and others used to describe pumps
- Understand the different types of lines including rigid piping, semi rigid tubing and flexible hoses used to carry fluids under pressure
- Understand the selection criteria of defining lines that include material, ID, and wall thickness
- Learn the methods of preparation of pipes and tubing including cutting, bending, flaring
- Understand how to select and identify flexible hoses, and learn how to determine the shelf life of hoses using cure date
- Learn the various types of fittings and connectors used in hydraulic system piping including threaded connections, flange connectors, welded and brazed connectors, manifolds and quick disconnect couplings
- Understand the classification, types, and operation of valves used in the control of flow, pressure, and direction of fluids
- Understand the types and purposes of sealing devices used in fluid power systems, including the different materials used in their construction
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review Chapters 4 through 7 of the Naval Education and Training Materials (NAVEDTRA 12964), Fluid Power as follows:
- Chapter 4: Pumps
- Chapter 5: Fluid lines and fittings
- Chapter 6: Valves
- Chapter 7: Sealing devices and materials
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of thirty five (35) questions to earn 6 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on Chapters 4 through 7 of the Naval Education and Training Materials (NAVEDTRA 12964), Fluid Power.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.