Financial Proposals and Presentations: The Why and How
This online engineering PDH course provides the "big picture" to anyone with the responsibility of developing and presenting a financial proposal for new equipment, staffing, reorganization, or additional resources.
First, we introduce the essential elements that are critical to a successful proposal. Without all of these, you are just wasting time and risk damaging your credibility. Next is the selection of the type of proposal you want to make and making sure you include all of the relevant factors. Then we must have a clear picture of where we are now so we can persuade the eventual proposal audience that we must move to somewhere else. We present this clear picture using statistics drawn from historical data to describe trends and make realistic forecasts of the future requirements. Finally, preparation of the proposal means careful selection of words to use and a carefully crafted strategy of presenting them in the best sequence for maximum effectiveness because we only have one chance to make a good 'first impression.'
This 5 PDH online course is intended for anyone faced with the prospect of developing and presenting a financial proposal to an executive group. This will help you plan their proposal, select the appropriate method of presenting data, improve their choice of wording, and present it all following a blueprint that has been successful in leading decision-makers to the desired conclusion.
(Disclaimer: Portions of this material come from this author's other courses entitled "Budget Concepts for the Non-Financial Manager" and "Managing Performance and Productivity" and may be repetitive to students who have previously purchased them.)
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Identify the five critical factors to understand before considering your proposal
- Identify the three essentials of a successful financial proposal
- Identify the two major categories of financial proposals and when to use them
- Use historical data to determine where they are now
- Identify trends for forecasting production (production can be making things such as consumer products or design drawings or providing services such as surveying or responding to RFPs.)
- Calculate break-even points for determining equipment and staffing needs
- Analyze workflows for improvement in efficiency, effectiveness, or productivity
- Determining optimum staffing levels
- Use various data forecasting methods and know when to use them
- Explain and apply the concepts of "capacity" and "forecasting"
- Identify factors that affect current productivity
- Analyze existing workflows
- Explain the various methods of presenting historical data and select the most appropriate one for the proposal
- Select words and phrases carefully to enhance the impact of the proposal
- Apply a proposal presentation structure model for the maximum chance of success
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, "Financial Proposals and Presentation: the Why and How".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.