Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics for Florida Professional Engineers
This online PDH course is a FL approved Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics course and is being offered by Continuing Education and Development, Inc, a FL approved Continuing Education Provider (CEP No. 0004183).
The first part of this course begins with an overview of the Laws and Rules governing the practice of engineering in the State of Florida (Chapter 1) including:
- Florida Statutes, Chapter 455, “Department of Business and Professional Regulation”
- Florida Statutes, Chapter 471, “Engineering”
- Florida Administrative Code, 61G15, F.A.C., “Florida Board of Professional Engineers”
Then it continues to address the rules amended, adopted or otherwise repealed from 61G15, F.A.C. (Chapter 2) as well as the changes to Chapters 455, F.S. and 471, F.S. (Chapter 3), within the preceding biennium, as applicable.
The second part of this course presents engineering ethics and the principles of professional responsibility (Chapter 4). It further illustrates the application of Chapters 455 and 471, F.S. to a randomly selected set of ethical and disciplinary cases (Chapter 5).
This 2 PDH online engineering course is applicable to Professional Engineers licensed in the State of Florida and who are required to demonstrate continuing professional competency in the Florida Laws, Rules and Ethics as a condition of license renewal. For each renewal period, every licensee must complete eighteen (18) professional development hours as follows:
- One hour must relate to this chapter and the rules adopted under this chapter;
- One hour must relate to professional ethics;
- Four hours must relate to the licensee’s area of practice; and
- The remaining hours may relate to any topic pertinent to the practice of engineering.
This PE continuing education engineering course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the different Florida laws and rules regulating the practice of engineering in the State of Florida and their application to Professional Engineers
- Learning the rules adopted, amended or repealed from 61G15 within the preceding biennium
- Learning the changes made to Chapters 455, F.S. and 471, F.S. within the preceding biennium
- Understanding ethical behavior and the principles of professional responsibility in the field of engineering
- Understanding the general application of Chapters 455 and 471, F.S. to various ethical and disciplinary cases of Professional Engineers
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.