Engineering Ethics for Georgia Professional Engineers
This online engineering PDH course presents the laws and rules of ethics and professional responsibility governing the practice of engineering in the State of Georgia. Excerpts from Title 43, Chapter 15 of the Georgia statutory laws and Chapter 180 of the Georgia Board rules which relate to the rules of profession conduct, continuing education requirements, proper use of seal and other pertinent regulatory provisions are presented in this course.
Engineering ethics is (1) the study of moral issues and decisions confronting individuals and organizations involved in engineering and (2) the study of related questions about moral conduct, character, ideals and relationships of peoples and organizations involved in technological development (Martin and Schinzinger, Ethics in Engineering).
Since engineers are faced with frequent moral and ethical dilemmas while practicing their engineering profession, this course will provide engineers with moral and ethical guidance in their decision making process. Most importantly, it will provide engineers with insight on how to conduct, respect and protect their engineering practice with the utmost professionalism.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to Professional Engineers licensed in the State of Georgia who are required to demonstrate continuing professional competency in engineering ethics as a condition for their license renewal.
This PE continuing education engineering course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the laws and rules regulating the practice of engineering in the State of Georgia
- Learning about engineering ethics, the laws and rules of professional conduct and responsibility
- Understanding the role of the Georgia Board and its disciplinary authority
- Understanding the continuing education requirements, proper use of seal and more in the State of Georgia
- Gaining an overview of disciplinary case studies along a range of violations and their corresponding penalties imposed by the Georgia Board
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.