Do-it-Yourself Teambuilding for Project Engineers
This online engineering PDH course teaches participants very simple and highly effective methods of communicating those shared risks, rewards, etc. for maximum team productivity.
Many project engineers and managers believe that people assigned to projects will automatically be as productive as possible because they are professionals and they are "supposed to". The reality, however, is often much different because levels of individual commitment are based upon the team member's perceptions of shared risks, rewards, threats, and opportunities.
This 4 PDH online course is designed for project engineers, project managers, or anyone in a leadership role in a small or community-based project seeking to gain a better understanding of teambuilding. This course will help managing engineers or any one in a leadership position develop a useful and very practical framework for an ongoing teambuilding program within their small or community-based project. It provides tools and the "why" behind the tools to help participants develop a cohesive and highly productive project team.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Develop a teambuilding framework that can be used by the least experienced team members on any small or community project
- Help align team members on the project's mission
- Help team members identify and replicate the traits of a successful project
- Help clarify the roles and responsibilities of all team members
- Maximize the opportunities for team member participation and "buy in" to the project
- Develop a simple risk analysis process to make sure critical project steps are considered and potentially disastrous events are avoided
- Encourage, increase, and strengthen communication between team members
- Discover the five essential factors that will encourage team members to work with commitment instead of compliance
- Discover and use tactics that will help each member become as motivated as possible
- Define "project success" in terms that every member can understand and support
- Teach team leaders how to develop their group members with these tips, tools, and techniques
- Learn how to identify project tasks in a way to make it easier to delegate to team members and shift much of the burden from the PM's shoulders
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, "Do-it-Yourself Teambuilding for Project Engineers".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.