Development of Grease Lubricated Ball Bearings
This online engineering PDH course details the pitfalls and successes that led to developing the bearing package that met the final goal and makes recommendations on how to improve the design even further. It takes the reader through a three-year program that successfully developed a high speed grease lubricated ball bearing for aircraft accessory application.
Grease lubricated ball bearings are a design tool that no engineer should overlook. They are a self-contained, self-lubricated highly efficient engineering package that can provide a lifetime of service in a small space with little or no maintenance.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for mechanical engineers, aeronautical engineers, machine design engineers, and anyone else who is interested a gaining an understanding of grease lubricated ball bearings.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding ball bearing design, terminology, variations and use
- Knowing how a grease lubricated ball bearing can benefit the aircraft accessory industry
- Knowing how a turbine lab test set-up was used to develop high speed bearing packages
- Learning about the various bearing separator-grease combinations that were candidates for high speed test evaluation
- Learning about post test examination and evaluation of bearings tested
- Understanding how perseverance paid off in developing a bearing that met all test goals
- Learning how to improve the bearing package for even better performance
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled "Development of Grease Lubricated Ball Bearings".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.