Developing Strategic Business Planning Skills: A DIY Project
This online engineering PDH course includes many Human Resource issues because of one very important fact that many strategic planning initiatives overlook: acquisition, maintenance, and development of a productive workforce is the greatest expense of any business. If you want to become an effective strategic planner for your organization, it is critical that you have a thorough understanding of the vital role played by your Human Resources group.
Strategic business management planning encompasses issues that fall outside of the traditional engineering or project management function and directly relate to the business of the organization. This do-it-yourself (DIY) manual will help a self-directed professional who wants to evolve from the day-to-day issues to eventually becoming a contributing participant at "The Table" helping the executive team's plan for the future become a reality.
Your journey to “The Table” using this manual will follow this path:
- Looking inward and helping you prepare for the long journey ahead (you did not think this would be accomplished in an afternoon, did you?)
- Looking outward at the organization and viewing its long range plans through the lens of the short range reality you will be facing from your current perspective
We introduce you to some critical topics that you will encounter along the way. We will lead you far enough into them so you will be able to understand and discuss their basic concepts with the wide range of professionals, consultants, and vendors you will encounter in your new role.
This 10 PDH online course is intended for project managers, operations managers, business unit managers and others involved in the development and implementation of strategic business management plans.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Identify Seven Personal Elements of Success
- Analyze your current role to determine important elements for your success as a strategic planner
- Explain the activities and organizational perspective of a strategic planner
- Develop a plan for building alliances with others
- Examine your behaviors to determine if there are "qualifiers" associated with them that may restrict career your development.
- Analyze your daily performances to determine if they are actually productive or just "busy"
- Explain the difference between work stress and work tension within a workforce
- Explain and determine whether you connect authentically with others
- Analyze yourself to determine the extent of your orientation toward reality
- Analyze your ability to embrace, engage, and deal with the negative.
- Analyze your daily behavior to discover your potential for self-inflicting wounds
- Analyze the potential impression that you make on others
- Understand and apply the basic elements of getting people to like working with you
- Prioritize those elements of your behavior to ensure the most successful interaction
- Explain the value of managing your reaction to an event when you cannot control the event itself
- Explain the value of maintaining a sense of proportion when encountering disappointment so as not to harm your strategic plans
- A proven method of helping people adapt to organizational change
- Apply the Cheshire cat's lesson to organizational strategic planning
- Describe and apply the value of "losing smartly"
- Express desired goals with the critical trio of performance elements
- Explain the value of and design "feedback loops" for workflows
- Analyze typical project work processes for opportunities of process improvement
- Identify the value of developing a mentoring relationship
- Describe the various types and sources of power within an organization
- Express planning expectations in terms guaranteed to result in productive outcomes
- Design a "hard" & "soft" skills performance scale to measure employee performance within the parameters of your strategic plan
- Design an overall employee performance assessment instrument to gauge progress within your strategic plan
- Design an overall performance measurement process for organizational implementation
- Develop a strategic action plan for individuals
- Design and conduct effective goal-setting meetings
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, “Developing Strategic Business Planning Skills: A DIY Project”.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.