Design of Sheet Pile Walls
This online engineering PDH course provides guidance on foundation exploration and testing procedures, analysis techniques, allowable criteria, design procedures, and construction consideration for the selection, design, and installation of sheet pile walls and flood walls. The guidance is based on the present state of the technology for sheet pile-soil-structure interaction behavior.
Since the understanding of the physical causes of sheet pile wall behavior is actively expanding by better definition through ongoing research, prototype, model sheet pile wall testing and development of more refined analytical models, this course is intended to provide examples and procedures of what has been proven successful.
This 5 PDH online course is applicable to geotechnical and structural engineers as well as design and construction personnel interested in understanding the construction techniques related to sheet pile wall behavior during installation.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the stratigraphy of the subgrade as well as its engineering geology characteristics
- Understanding current methodologies for evaluating system loads that govern the design of a sheet pile wall
- Evaluating failure modes and selecting certain system parameters to prevent failure
- Selecting criteria, procedures and parameters necessary for the structural design of sheet pile walls
- Understanding the behavior of the wall/soil system (interface interaction analysis)
- Understanding the various engineering considerations pertaining to the construction of sheet pile walls
- Understanding the special design considerations pertaining to the construction of sheet pile walls
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the US Corps of Engineers Publication EM 1110-2-2504, "Design of Sheet Pile Walls".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.