Creating an Effective Project Team Performance Assessment Process
This online engineering PDH course provides guidance on how to develop objective and measurable performance expectations for the "hard" and "soft" skills that are essential to a project's success. It gives the employee a way to self-monitor their progress toward performance goals. It reduces the administrative load off the shoulders of the project departmental managers responsible for employee performance reporting, and gives the employee's manager who is located remotely at headquarters a method to conduct a fair assessment even if the employee was at a distant project for most of the assessment period.
This 6 PDH online course is intended for those professionals who are interested in developing an easy-to-manage performance assessment system for project team members that provides fair and objective assessment within a typical project matrix organization.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- How to construct an effective employee performance assessment system within a typical project's matrix organization.
- How to set meaningful and measurable goals for employees that allows them to self-monitor their work progress.
- How to reduce the administrative workload on project department managers concerning employee performance assessment issues.
- How to make it easy for project employees to stay focused on project tasks and not be distracted by any changes in project management.
- Knowing the five components of motivation and ways to provide them to project team members
- Understanding the typical causes of unnecessary personal stress on projects and how to reduce it
- Knowing the four critical elements of effective employee performance goals
- How to change employee behavior from "busy" to "productive"
- How to work with employees to establish effective performance goals
- How to discern between "hard" and "soft" project performance skills
- How to create a measurable range of "hard" and "soft" skills for use in documenting employee performance assessments
- How to create a method of collecting and reporting team member work performance objectively, consistently, and easily
- How to develop an effective performance action plan for use with project team members
- How to plan and conduct an effective goal-setting meeting with employees
- Learning about the two simple questions to ask an employee for the first goal setting meeting and the five simple questions to ask thereafter
- Knowing the three elements of an effective performance assessment process
- How to consider the "ORPperson" and why you should care
- How to apply all of this to a project environment
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled "Creating an Effective Project Team Performance Assessment Process".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.