Creating a Successful Vendor Relationship
This online engineering PDH course defines what a successful relationship with a vendor would look like and provides users with systematic guidance on how to establish it, including clarifying their current view of a typical client-vendor relationship, creating their vision of what a successful relationship should behave like, developing key phrases to include in the RFI and RFP in search of a compatible vendor, asking key questions to help determine whether a potential vendor would be a good fit, and developing a framework to build a successful relationship.
This course will teach you how to design and develop a practical foundation for a successful relationship with nearly any vendor. You will learn effective and proven techniques in identifying the wants and needs of the client and vendor, methods of translating them into measurable performance reports, and questions to ask potential clients or vendors as you search for the most compatible candidate for a business relationship.
This 5 PDH online course is intended for procurement personnel, project managers, agency officials or any other key personnel who help develop RFIs, RFPs, and contracts with potential vendors or who want to develop alternative strategies to the traditional adversarial relationship between many clients and vendors.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- How to clarify their perception of the traditional client-vendor relationship from the client's viewpoint
- How to clarify their perception of the traditional client-vendor relationship from the vendor's viewpoint
- How to re-evaluate the "customer is always right" concept
- Who influences the width of the performance gap between commitment and compliance within a client-vendor relationship
- Who controls where the vendor works within the performance gap between commitment and compliance
- Why and how the relationship between the leader and work performer impacts work productivity
- What are the five components of motivation that are important to a vendor
- How these motivational components relate to a successful client-vendor relationship
- How viewing a vendor from a new perspective may have a profound impact on their eventual relationship
- What vendors typically look for in a relationship with a client
- What are the most typical complaints about vendors
- How to identify the characteristics of a relationship with a vendor that would best satisfy a client
- How to construct the foundation for a successful relationship with a vendor
- What key phrases to add to RFIs and RFPs to alert potential vendors that a client is considering a non-traditional relationship
- How to develop an easy-to-use and fair evaluation system for subjective or "fuzzy" topics that are traditionally difficult to measure
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled "Creating a Successful Vendor Relationship".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.