Biodiesel Handing and Use Guide
This online engineering PDH course provides an overview of biodiesel blends, the advantages of using biodiesel, precautions for use of biodiesel during cold weather, and the proper procedures for handling and use of biodiesel. This course also provides detailed information on biodiesel testing requirements and compatibility issues.
Biodiesel is a diesel replacement fuel for use in diesel engines. It is manufactured from plant oils, animal fats, and recycled cooking oils, is most commonly used as a blend with petroleum diesel in compression-ignition engines. Some of the advantages of Biodiesel are that it is renewable, can reduce greenhouse gases, compatible with new technology diesel engines, nontoxic, biodegradable, and suitable for sensitive environments.
This 4 PDH online course is intended primarily for energy, chemical, environmental, mechanical, civil and industrial engineers. Someone completing this course will gain knowledge about the use and handling of biodiesel.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the sources and processing of biodiesel
- Learning about the benefits and attributes of biodiesel
- Familiarizing with Physical properties of biodiesel as compared to No. 2 diesel
- Understanding the ASTM D6751 standards for biodiesel quality
- Learning about the material compatibility issues for biodiesel
- Learning about the cold-weather issues for biodiesel
- Understanding how to properly blend, store, and transport biodiesel
- Learning about the engine and equipment warranties involved with biodiesel use
- Learning about the taxes and incentives for biodiesel
- Familiarizing with basic safety, health, and environmental issues for biodiesel
- Understanding the fire safety and firefighting considerations
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.