Atomic and Nuclear Physics
This online engineering PDH course provides a fundamental understanding of atomic and nuclear physics. It introduces the basic concepts of atomic physics including the atomic nature of matter, the chart of the nuclides, radioactivity and radioactive decay, neutron interactions and fission, and the interaction of radiation with matter.
This 5 PDH online course is applicable to industrial and nuclear engineers, construction and design personel, technical staff and facility operators who are interested in gaining a better understanding of atomic and nuclear physics.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding Atomic Nature of Matter
- Knowing the Chart of the Nuclides
- Learning about Mass Defect and Binding Energy
- Understanding Modes of Radioactive Decay
- Learning about Radioactivity
- Learning about Neutron Interactions and Nuclear Fission
- Understanding Energy Release from Fission
- Understanding Interaction of Radiation with Matter
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review Module 1, "Atomic and Nuclear Physics" of the Department of Energy Publication DOE-HDBK-1019/1-93, "Nuclear Physics and Reactor Theory".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.