An Introduction to Water Cooling Towers
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to the design, installation and operation of cooling towers. While there are three basic types of cooling water systems: once-through, open recirculating, and closed recirculating cooling water systems, this course describes once-through and open recirculating systems.
Cooling water systems remove heat generated from a variety of industrial processes. Cooling systems that use a water's cooling capacity a single time are called once-through cooling systems. These systems use large volumes of water and typically discharge the once-through water directly to waste. Whereas an open recirculating cooling system uses the same water repeatedly to cool process equipment. Heat absorbed from the process is dissipated to allow reuse of the water.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for mechanical engineers as well as other design and construction professionals interested in learning about the use of cooling towers to provide cooling for HVAC systems and industrial processes.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about site specific monitoring programs
- Understanding the fundamental requirements for extraction wells
- Knowing how frequently extraction wells should be monitored
- Understanding the importance of balancing techniques for multiple extraction wells
- Learning about perimeter LFG migration control
- Learning how to address leachate blockage issues at extraction wells
- Understanding the importance of monitoring conditions that may lead to landfill fires
- Learning how to employ LFG monitoring probes
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, “An Introduction to Water Cooling Towers”.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 2 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.