An Introduction to Post-Treatment and Waste Disposal for Water Desalination
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to the technologies of water desalination post-treatment and waste disposal. It will introduce you to remineralization and aeration processes, corrosion control, disinfection, suspended solids removal, brine evaporation, deep-well injection of wastes, and waste gas handling.
Water desalination systems may employ different technologies depending on a variety of technical and economic factors. To one degree or another, these technologies produce water that requires post-treatment to produce potable water that is healthy and has a pleasant taste. They also produce to varying degrees waste streams that must be properly disposed of.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for mechanical engineers, civil engineers, electrical engineers and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to post-treatment and waste disposal for water desalination plants. After completion of this course you will be prepared for advanced learning about water desalination to prepare you for desalination project planning and design.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding water desalination technologies and post-treatment of product water
- Learning about the waste streams generated by water desalination technologies
- Learning about aeration and remineralization needed to produce healthy and tasty water
- Learning about the need for corrosion control in desalinated product water streams.
- Learning about post-treatment disinfection requirements.
- Learning when reblending is a cost-effective remineralization technique
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Post-Treatment and Waste Disposal for Water Desalination".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.