An Introduction to Industrial Ventilation Systems
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to the design of industrial ventilation systems. It presents general design criteria, controls, operational considerations and commissioning. It discusses in greater depth two of the more common industrial ventilation applications: wood shop facilities and paint spray booths, and their operational considerations, floor and equipment layout, safety and health considerations, fans and motors, replacement air, controls, and respiratory protection.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for engineers, architects and construction professionals who are seeking an introduction to the design of industrial ventilation systems. It will provide engineers and others an understanding of some of the basic materials, systems, and configuration of such systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the eight steps in the procedure for design of industrial ventilation systems.
- Learning the importance of replacement air and how to provide it in your design.
- Learning the basics of plenum design with and without perforated ducts.
- Learning about the controls needed in basic industrial ventilation systems.
- Learning the importance of operational considerations such as energy conservation, maintenance, noise and respiratory protection.
- Learning about designing floor sweeps for wood working facilities.
- Learning the basic configuration of walk-in downdraft and drive-thru cross draft paint spray booths.
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Design of Industrial Ventilation Systems".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.