An Introduction to Boiler Control Systems
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to criteria for the design of heating plant instrumentation including selection, application and design of pneumatic, analog and digital control systems for steam boilers. A heating plant may contain one or more boilers. The plant may be an individual plant serving a single building or a compact group of buildings, or a central plant serving many buildings and facilities through an extensive distribution system.
The heating plant instrumentation discussed is, in general, for a saturated steam power boiler heating plant. The information provided may also be applicable to Low, Medium, and High Temperature Hot Water heating plants, but does not cover all of the requirements of those plants, such as control of water pressurization and circulation systems. The information may also be applicable to superheated-steam power plants, but does not cover the all of the requirements of those plants, such as steam extraction, reheating, steam turbine control, and cooling water controls.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for mechanical and electrical engineers and other design and construction professionals wanting to learn the fundamentals of heating, high pressure and power boiler control systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about heating, high pressure and power boiler controls
- Learning how to choose the type of control that will do the job most economically over the lifetime of the equipment
- Learning how to assure compatibility with controls used in an existing plant, ease of operation and maintenance, and plant personnel familiarity and training
- Learning how to apply pneumatic, analog and digital control systems
- Learn about design issues at the electrical interface between instruments and a digital controller
- Learn about complex boiler control systems that may involve multiple digital control systems (e.g. DCS, PLC, or computer controlled smart instruments) linked together by a communication data bus
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Boiler Control Systems" .
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.