America's Greatest Projects and Their Engineers - I
The online engineering PDH course is divided into two separate parts. The first part of this course focuses on the Panama Canal Design and Construction and the many largely unknown events leading up to its ultimate development and success. The second part of this course describes in great detail the construction of the Hoover Dam. Both projects emphasize the tenacity and wisdom of the engineers in the Federal Government as well as the engineers and supervisors of the contractors in the private sector to complete such enormous projects. Each of these projects has lessons to be learned and, hopefully, each of you will be motivated to do greater things.
Each of these projects may be considered by most Americans to be a construction project, but an engineer or an architect or a designer would see them with a different perspective. Without the support of individual engineers and without the vision and wisdom of quality project managers, these projects could not have achieved the success that they did. This statement is not intended to demean the many manufacturers and construction companies who were involved in these projects, because their foresight and experience were paramount to the success of each of these projects.
This 5 PDH online course is intended for engineers of all disciplines interested in understanding the project management strategies applied as well as the leadership skills and techniques used to overcome the obstacles encountered during the design and construction of these two iconic landmarks.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the obstacles that confronted early engineers
- Learning how early engineers coped with limited technology and very few resources
- Acknowledging the roles that federal government officials and engineers played in the approval and development of some of the world's most well-known projects
- Discovering how leadership played such a major factor in each of these significant projects
- Learning the strategies used by the early engineers, project managers, and construction management
- Envisioning the techniques used by engineers and constructors despite a lack of communications and experienced workers
- Discovering how safety and health issues of the workforce as well as the engineers materialized
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, “America’s Greatest Projects and their Engineers - I”.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty five (25) questions to earn 5 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.