Advancing Systems and Technologies to Produce Cleaner Fuels
This online engineering PDH course provides information on advancements made in systems and technologies related to oil and natural gas development to produce cleaner fuels. It pays special attention to advancements aimed at reducing the environmental impact associated with the production of oil and natural gas. It also discusses the safety conditions for those involved in the development process.
Fossil fuel resources account for 82% of total U.S. primary energy use because they are abundant, have a relatively low cost of production, and have a high energy density—enabling easy transport and storage. The infrastructure built over decades to supply fossil fuels is the world’s largest enterprise with the largest market capitalization. Of fossil fuels, oil and natural gas make up 63% of energy usage. Across the energy economy, the source and mix of fuels used across these sectors is changing, particularly the rapid increase in natural gas production from unconventional resources for electricity generation and the rapid increase in domestic production of shale oil. The United States will, for the foreseeable future, continue to rely heavily upon oil and natural gas to support its economy, national security, and energy security.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to petroleum, chemical, mechanical and sustainability engineers and other technical personnel who are interested in learning more about the trends in advancing oil and gas development systems and technologies.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the Oil and Gas industry in the Energy Economy of the United States
- Familiarizing with the latest technological advancements in Oil and Gas
- Learning about the emerging research opportunities and the four themes to address R&D challenges
- Learning the about the Oil and Gas challenges through specific technology assessments
- Understanding the risks associated with the various aspects of oil and natural gas development
- Learning from past oil and natural gas development mistakes and disasters to ensure they are not repeated
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.