Advanced Course on the Significant Changes in Florida Building Code 7th Edition
This online PDH course is a Florida Building Code (FBC) approved course (FBC Course # 1114) and is being offered by Continuing Education and Development, Inc, a FL approved Continuing Education Provider (CEP No. 0004183).
This course presents the most significant changes in Florida Building Code, Building, 7th edition (2020) which went into effect on December 31, 2020.
This course discusses the most significant changes from a set of chapters, and presents the amendments from the previous Florida Building Code (6th Edition, 2017) to the current Florida Building Code (7th Edition, 2020). In particular, this course covers the additions and/or modifications to the following chapters:
- Chapter 1: Scope and Administration;
- Chapter 2: Definitions;
- Chapter 3: Use and Occupancy Classification;
- Chapter 5: General Building Heights and Areas;
- Chapter 9: Fire Protection Systems;
- Chapter 17: Special Inspections and Tests;
- Chapter 27: Electrical; and
- Chapter 31: Special Construction.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to Florida Professional Engineers who are required to take an Advanced Building Code course and are interested in learning more about the most significant changes that are introduced in the latest edition of the Florida Building Code.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the Florida Building Code
- Learning about the most significant changes from the 6th edition of the Florida Building Code, Building, to the 7th edition
- Understanding the additions and modifications in the latest edition including requirements on occupancy, fire protection systems, building heights and areas, and more
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.