ADA Requirements for the Design of Parking Spaces
This online engineering PDH course provides detailed information on designing accessible parking spaces that meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act as defined by the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design.
Both vans and cars are considered. Dimensions, distribution, location, connections to access routes (to accessible entrances to buildings), and minimum number of spaces are all described. Special requirements for making temporary events (such as street festivals, craft fairs, musical performances, sporting events and home shows) accessible are also presented.
This 1 PDH online course is intended primarily for civil engineers involved in the design of parking spaces that meet ADA standards.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the minimum number of accessible parking spaces
- Understanding the number of van accessible spaces relative to accessible spaces
- Learning about the location and distribution of parking spaces
- Learning about aisle width, vertical clearance, and signage for van accessible parking spaces
- Understanding the relation of access aisle to accessible route
- Knowing the requirements for access route
- Learning about temporary accessible parking spaces
- Dealing with problem curb ramps
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, “ADA Requirements for the Design of Parking Spaces” which is based on a compilation of two ADA documents: “Accessible Parking,” developed by the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center, 2014, and “A Planning Guide for Making Temporary Events Accessible to People with Disabilities,” ADA National Network, 2015.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.