A Guide to Asbestos for Construction and Industry
This engineering online PDH course introduces various methods of protection in construction and industry from the hazards of asbestos exposure. The pathways of asbestos entry to the body will also be introduced.
Asbestos is the generic term for a group of naturally occurring fibrous minerals with desirable structural, acoustical and thermal properties. Asbestos is found in a wide range of products once used in construction and industry. Very few asbestos-containing products are currently being installed. Most worker exposures occur during the removal of asbestos. Asbestos fibers enter the body by the inhalation or ingestion of airborne particles that become embedded in the tissues of the respiratory or digestive systems. Exposure to asbestos can cause disabling or fatal diseases.
The 3 PDH online course is intended for civil, electrical, mechanical and structural engineers, as well as managers in construction and industry, who are interested in learning more about asbestos protection.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Class I, Class II, Class III and Class IV Asbestos Work Classifications
- Asbestos-Regulated Areas of Construction and Industry
- The Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL)
- Exposure Assessment and Monitoring
- Medical Surveillance Programs
- Competent Person Requirements
- The Proper Use of Regulated Areas
- The Proper Notification Requirements
- Various Methods of Compliance
- Important Facts About Asbestos
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.