Thermodynamics Basics: Heat Energy and Power
This online engineering PDH course will introduce you to units, concepts, terms, principles, laws and equations pertaining to energy and thermodynamics. Inter-conversion between heat and other forms of different types of specific heat, and specific heat based energy and heat calculation techniques are explained and illustrated. Also, in this thermodynamics course, concepts of power, power flow and power conversion are introduced and illustrated; with emphasis on steam power and energy to "wire" or electric power and energy transformation.
This 6 PDH online course is applicable to engineers of all disciplines, as well as technicians, facilities managers and executives who are not intimately familiar with thermodynamics principles and practices.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the principles, concepts, terms, principles, units, laws and equations pertaining to energy and thermodynamics
- Understanding of how to assess heat and energy conversion
- Understanding of the concept of specific heat and its application in estimation of temperature change of substance in response to heat flow; and conversely, estimation of the amount of heat energy required to achieve a certain change in temperature
- Comprehending the concepts of power, power conversion, and the multifaceted nature of efficiency in thermodynamic systems
- Understanding of steam to electricity power and energy transformation
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "Thermodynamics Made Simple for Energy Engineers", by S. Bobby Rauf, Fairmont Press, 2010.
M06-030 - APPENDICES
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.