Thermodynamics Basics: Gas Dynamics, Psychrometric Analysis, Refrigeration Cycle and HVAC Systems
In this online engineering PDH course, you will be introduced to thermodynamic and physical performance of gases flowing at high speed, application of SFEE, Steady Flow Energy Equation, to high speed gas flow scenarios, and determination of exit speed of superheated gas in high speed flow nozzle scenario.
You will also be introduced to psychrometric analysis of HVAC system performance. You will be familiarized with fundamental psychrometrics terminology, concepts, analytical techniques, methodology and strategies. All discussion is supported and illustrated by numerical examples and a comprehensive case study.
Fundamentals of refrigeration cycle are explained. Concepts, terminology and thermodynamic principles associated with refrigeration cycle are discussed and illustrated through pressure-enthalpy and temperature-entropy diagrams. A capstone case study, involving a DuPont ® HFC-134a based refrigeration cycle, serves as an illustration of a practical refrigerant cycle, such as those employed in chillers and HVAC evaporator/heat exchangers.
This 8 PDH online course is applicable to engineers of all disciplines, as well as technicians, facilities managers and executives who are not intimately familiar with thermodynamics principles and practices.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding gas dynamics and the concept of shock wave
- Learning how to calculate nozzle velocities
- Familiarization with critical properties of ideal gas and thermodynamic analysis of gases at high velocities
- Understanding the key parameters that constitute a psychrometric chart
- Understanding the subject of psychrometrics
- Practical applications of the psychrometric chart for HVAC type analyses
- Learning about basic thermodynamics and the physical concepts associated with the refrigeration cycle
- Understanding the thermodynamic processes involved in the four segments of a practical refrigerant cycle
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, “Thermodynamics Basics: Gas Dynamics, Psychrometric Analysis, Refrigeration Cycle and HVAC Systems” which is based on the text titled, “Thermodynamics Made Simple for Energy Engineers” by S. Bobby Rauf, Fairmont Press, 2010.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.