Structures and Properties of Metals
This online engineering PDH interactive presentation addresses two aspects of metals: the structures and the properties.
This presentation deals first with the basic structures of metals and how those structures are affected by various processes. In addition, it provides information on the various imperfections and defects that the metal may sustain and how they affect the metal.
Moreover, this presentation provides information on metal properties which are considered when selecting material for engineering design purposes. Each of these properties contains a discussion on how the property is affected and the metal's application.
This 2 PDH online interactive presentation is intended primarily to structural and mechanical engineers, construction and design personnel, technical staff and facility operators who are interested in gaining a better understanding of the structures and properties of metals.
- Understanding bonding
- Learning about common lattice types
- Understanding grain structure and boundary
- Learning about polymorphism and alloys
- Knowing the imperfection in metals
- Learning about stress and strain and Young's Modulus
- Understanding stress-strain relationship
- Understanding the physical properties of materials
- Learning about working metals and corrosion
- Understanding hydrogen embrittlement
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.