Smartphone Applications to Influence Travel Choices
Over the years, smartphone applications have evolved from early basic applications to multi-platform, advanced features that we commonly see today. Demographic shifts, improvements in computing power and mapping technology, the use of cloud computing, changes in wireless communication, concerns about congestion, and increased awareness about the environment and climate change are changing the way people travel.
This presentation is intended to demonstrate how vital smartphones are becoming to the transportation network and how smartphones play a vital role in identifying services and choices for traveling individuals.
This 2 PDH online interactive presentation is applicable to public agencies, transportation managers, elected officials, and other mobility consumers who want to gain a perspective and understanding of smartphone “apps” and their influence on transportation activities.
This continuing education interactive presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the background and evolution of smartphone apps
- Learning how smartphone application types promote transportation efficiency and reduce congestion
- Familiarizing with transportation apps and learning about their impacts on traveler’s behavior
- Understanding the current challenges among service and modes of smartphone apps
- Learning about the guiding principles for protecting the privacy of public agencies
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.