Safety and Health Programs in Construction
This online engineering PDH interactive presentation provides responsible employers, workers, and worker representatives with a sound, flexible framework for addressing safety and health issues on diverse construction job sites.
Establishing a safety and health program at your job site is one of the most effective ways of protecting your most valuable asset: your workers. Losing workers to injury or illness, even for a short time, can cause significant disruption and cost—to you as well as the workers and their families. Safety and health programs foster a proactive approach to “finding and fixing” job site hazards before they can cause injury or illness. Rather than reacting to an incident, management and workers collaborate to identify and solve issues before they occur. This collaboration builds trust, enhances communication, and often leads to other business improvements.
This 1 PDH online interactive presentation is applicable to health and safety engineers, construction and project managers, site engineers, and anyone who is interested in improving the standard and level of health and safety on construction sites.
This PE continuing education interactive presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the seven core elements of the recommended practices for safety and health programs in construction
- Learning about the importance of effective management leadership
- Understanding how to promote worker participation
- Familiarizing with hazard identification and assessment
- Learning about hazard prevention and control
- Familiarizing with the education and training mindset required on site
- Gaining insight on evaluation and improvement programs
- Understanding the importance of communication and coordination for employers on multiemployer worksites
Once you finish watching the PDH interactive presentation, you will be redirected to your account to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of ten (10) questions to earn 1 PDH credit. The quiz will be based on this interactive presentation.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.