Home Energy Savings: A Practical Approach
This online engineering PDH interactive presentation provides guidance on several energy-related topics including insulation, ventilation, heating and cooling, choosing and maintaining efficient water heaters, home appliances and solar energy systems.
The average U.S. family spends more than half of its annual household energy bill on heating and cooling. In addition, many appliances, heating systems and air conditioners aren’t properly maintained, are old and inefficient, compared to models being sold today.
These costs can be dramatically reduced by making some simple energy-saving improvements to your home, properly maintaining your existing heating and cooling, addressing weatherization and insulation issues at your house and getting into the habit of using energy efficiently all the time.
This continuing education interactive presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the concept of home tightening and the major sources of air leaks and energy use in a typical home
- Understanding the concept of heating and cooling and the energy saving considerations related to it
- Learning about water heating systems
- Knowing how to efficiently use major home appliances
- Gaining an overview of the pillars of solar PV systems
- Familiarizing with contracts, installation, maintenance, and monitoring of solar energy systems
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.