Ergonomic Guidelines for Manual Material Handling
This online engineering PDH interactive presentation provides a brief overview on effective ergonomic interventions that lower the physical demands of manual material handling work tasks, thereby lowering the incidence and severity of the musculoskeletal injuries they can cause.
Manual material handling work contributes to a large percentage of the over half a million cases of musculoskeletal disorders reported annually in the United States. Musculoskeletal disorders often involve strains and sprains to the lower back, shoulders, and upper limbs. They can result in protracted pain, disability, medical treatment, and ﬁnancial stress for those afﬂicted with them.
Scientiﬁc evidence shows that effective ergonomic interventions have a potential not only for reducing injury-related costs but also for improving a company’s productivity, product quality, and overall business competitiveness.
This 1 PDH online interactive presentation is applicable to engineers, managers and supervisors who are interested in learning more about ergonomic interventions that reduce the physical demands of manual material handling work.
This PE continuing education interactive presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the basics of manual material handling
- Understanding the conditions associated with the development of injuries in manual material handling tasks
- Understanding the different types of ergonomic improvements and the importance of improving the workplace
- Learning about easier ways to manually lift, lower, fill, or empty containers by introducing safer work practices
- Exploring alternatives to the manual handling of individual containers, by introducing safer work equipment
Once you finish watching the PDH interactive presentation, you will be redirected to your account to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of ten (10) questions to earn 1 PDH credit. The quiz will be based on this interactive presentation.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.