DC Circuits, Batteries, Generators and Motors
This online engineering PDH interactive presentation provides information on rules associated with the reactive components of inductance and capacitance and how they affect DC circuits.
It also introduces batteries and describes the types of cells used, circuit arrangements, and associated hazards. This presentation further describes the types of DC generators and their application in terms of voltage production and load characteristics. Finally, it illustrates the types of DC motors and includes discussions of speed control, applications, and load characteristics.
This 2 PDH online interactive presentation is applicable to electrical and computer engineers, design and construction personnel, technical staff and facility operators who are interested in gaining a better understanding of the basics of DC systems.
This continuing education interactive presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding inductance and capacitance
- Learning battery terminology, battery theory, and battery operations
- Understanding the different types of batteries and their hazards
- Learning DC equipment terminology and construction
- Gaining knowledge of DC generator theory and construction
- Understanding DC motor theory and operation
- Learning the different types of DC motors