Concrete Pavement Preservation - Part IV
This online engineering PDH interactive presentation provides guidance on three pavement preservation treatments: dowel bar retrofit, cross stitching, and slot stitching; concrete overlays; and joint resealing and crack sealing.
The need for the effective management of transportation assets has never been greater. In an era of an aging infrastructure, ever-increasing traffic demands, and shrinking budgets, transportation agencies are continually being asked to “do more with less” in maintaining the condition of their facilities.
Pavements represent a large part of that transportation infrastructure, and the need for their effective management is just as acute. Pavements that are left to deteriorate without timely preservation or maintenance treatments are likely to require major rehabilitation and reconstruction much sooner, and those are costly and disruptive activities.
This 3 PDH online interactive presentation is intended primarily for structural and transportation engineers, design and construction personnel, and other technical professionals who are involved in concrete pavement preservation.
This continuing education interactive presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- List the benefits and applications of DBR, cross stitching, and slot stitching
- Describe the recommended materials and mixtures used in the DBR, cross-stitching, and slot-stitching processes
- Describe the recommended construction procedures
- Identify the typical construction problems and remedies
- List the benefits and appropriateness of using concrete overlays
- List the advantages and disadvantages of different overlays
- Describe the recommended materials for overlays
- Identify recommended construction activities for each type of overlay
- List the benefits of joint resealing and crack sealing
- Identify the types of projects that are suitable for joint resealing and crack sealing
- Describe the types of sealant materials available for use
- List the desirable sealant properties and characteristics
- Describe the key considerations in designing how joints are resealed and cracks are sealed
- Describe recommended installation procedures
- Identify typical construction problems and appropriate remedies
Once you finish watching the PDH interactive presentation, you will be redirected to your account to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 3 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on this interactive presentation.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.