Virginia Geotechnical 16 PDH Discount Package 1
Courses in this Package
Design and Construction of Earth and Rock-Fill Dams (G07-001)
Rock Foundations (G09-001)
This online engineering PDH course presents the fundamental principles underlying the design, construction, performance monitoring and modifications of earth and rock-fill dams. The design and construction of earth and rock-fill dams are complex because of the nature of the varying foundation conditions and range of properties of the materials available for use in the embankment.
The successful design, construction, and operation of a reservoir project over the full range of loading require a comprehensive site characterization, a detailed design of each feature, construction supervision, measurement and monitoring of the performance, and the continuous evaluation of the project features during operation.
This 7 PDH online course is applicable to geotechnical and structural engineers, geologists, design and construction personnel who are involved with the design and construction of earth and rock-fill dams.
- Geological and subsurface explorations
- General design considerations and performance parameters
- Foundation and abutment preparation
- Seepage control methods
- Design of embankments and appurtenant structures
- General construction considerations
- Types of instrumentation
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the US Corps of Engineers Publication EM 1110-2-2300, "General Design and Construction Considerations for Earth and Rock-Fill Dams".
This online engineering PDH course presents the guidelines for the design of rock foundations supporting various types of structures and embankments. These guidelines include information on foundation exploration and testing procedures, load test methods, analysis techniques, design criteria and procedures, and construction considerations. These guidelines provide a minimum standard to be used for planning a satisfactory rock foundation design for a typical situation.
This 9 PDH online course is applicable to geotechnical and structural engineers, geologists, as well as design and construction personnel involved in the design of rock foundations.
- Foundation design considerations and factor of safety
- Site investigation techniques and procedures
- Rock mass characterization and classification schemes
- Foundation deformation and settlement analysis, estimation and treatment
- Foundation bearing capacity analysis, estimation and treatment
- Sliding stability assessment of gravity structures and slopes cut into rock mass
- Design of rock anchorage systems
- Selection of appropriate geotechnical instrumentation.
- Construction considerations of foundations and cut slopes in rock masses
- Recognizing and treating special conditions
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the US Corps of Engineers Publication EM 1110-1-2908, "Rock Foundations"