This online engineering PDH course describes many of the techniques used to prepare wire (cutting, stripping, crimping), install various types of connectors (soldered and solderless), and how to properly build and route harnesses and conduits. It will help the user understand wiring fundamentals, grasp the principles of circuit connections and procedures, and install circuits in various applications.
The satisfactory performance and continuous reliability of electrical system greatly depends on the quality of wiring. Improperly or carelessly installed wiring can be a source of both immediate and potential danger, and many malfunctions and failures can be traced to this cause.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to students, professional engineers, service technicians, energy auditors, operational & maintenance personnel, facility engineers who are interested in gaining a better understanding in wiring techniques. This course is also extremely helpful to individuals who are just learning the principles of safe electrical wiring, hoping to refresh their existing knowledge or would like additional opportunities to practice wiring principles.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- State the basic requirements for any splice and terminal connection
- Explain the major advantage of the crimped terminal over the soldered terminal
- Name the two types of insulation commonly used for non-insulated splices and terminal lugs
- State an advantage of using pre-insulated terminal lugs and the color code used for each
- Explain the procedures for crimping terminal lugs with a hand crimp tool
- Recall the procedures, precautions, and tools associated with soldering
- Explain the procedures and precautions for tinning wire
- Recall the types of soldering irons and their uses
- State the purposes and required properties of flux
- State the purpose for lacing conductors
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review Chapter 2 of Module 4 titled "Wiring Techniques" of the Naval Education and Training Materials (NAVEDTRA 14176), Electricity and Electronic Training Series.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.