Water Efficiency Management Guide for Landscaping and Irrigation
This online engineering PDH course provides basic information about landscaping and irrigation and discusses the different approaches and technologies utilized to ensure efficient outdoor water use.
Most of the residential outdoor water in the United States is used for landscape irrigation. In fact, as much as half the residential outdoor water is wasted through evaporation, wind, or runoff. Many factors are either directly or indirectly responsible for this loss among which; improper irrigation system design and installation as well as poor maintenance. Thus, improved landscaping, effective maintenance practices and efficient irrigation equipment can significantly reduce water use, prevent its loss and decrease costs from property landscapes.
This 1 PDH online course is applicable to environmental, civil and landscape engineers who are interested in improving outdoor water efficiency by learning proper landscape design, irrigation techniques and the different equipment that help reduce water use.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the concept of outdoor water use
- Understanding the most common problems in improper irrigation systems
- Learning about landscape maintenance for water-efficient landscaping
- Learning about irrigation maintenance for water-efficient landscaping
- Exploring irrigation system components and the different technologies used
- Knowing about water efficiency measures through various irrigation controllers
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.