Underground Construction Safety
This online engineering PDH course summarizes OSHA's regulations related to underground construction.
The construction of underground tunnels, shafts, chambers, and passageways are essential yet dangerous activities. Working under reduced light conditions, difficult or limited access and egress, with the potential for exposure to air contaminants and the hazards of fire and explosion, underground construction workers face many dangers. OSHA recognizes that working in underground environments presents serious hazards to all workers involved. Therefore OSHA developed the underground construction standard to protect the safety and health of underground construction workers.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to employers/business owners, engineers, managers, construction workers and all other personnel involved with underground construction projects.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Knowing the construction operations covered by the OSHA regulations
- Familiarizing with the training, notification and communications requirements
- Understanding the site access and ground support procedures
- Understanding the ventilation, illumination and air monitoring requirements
- Learning the special conditions for underground drilling and blasting
- Learning the special requirements for using underground cranes and hoists
- Understanding the hazards that require special precautions and emergency procedures
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review OSHA, 3115-06R, "Underground Construction".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.