Tunnel Operations, Maintenance, Inspection, and Evaluation Manual: Inspection
This engineering online PDH course will provide an overview on the inspection of tunnel systems and the associated components.
This course focuses on developing safety inspections for highway tunnels. Some of the essential requirements of the NTIS are summarized to include the responsibilities of the tunnel inspection organization, qualifications of inspection personnel, inspection procedures and practices, and the different types of tunnel inspections. This course also explores health and safety issues for inspectors, inspection equipment, typical tunnel defects, owner defined elements, critical findings, and condition ratings. A glossary of selected terms and a list of references is also included at the end.
This 10 PDH online course is applicable to civil and structural engineers, as well as design and construction personnel involved with the inspection process of tunnel systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the inspection criteria and methods of tunnel systems
- Identifying the typical roles and personnel involved in tunnel inspection processes
- Understanding the roles, requirements, and scope of work of those involved
- Familiarizing with different inspection methods and techniques
- Learning about the health and safety considerations
- Understanding the basics of cost estimating
- Familiarizing with the equipment used in tunnel inspections
- Learning about the recommended actions upon critical findings
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.