Traffic Incident Management Gap Analysis Primer
This online engineering PDH course provides guidance to federal, State and local TIM programs and their involved partners on the components needed to develop and sustain a successful full-fledged Traffic Incident Management (TIM) program.
A traffic incident is “any non-recurrent event, such as a vehicle crash, vehicle breakdown, or other special event, that causes a reduction in highway capacity and/or an increase in
demand”. Traffic incidents are a significant cause of congestion delays that motorists encounter every day on roadways. The sooner incidents are detected, the sooner personnel can respond to the incident and clear it from the roadway, thereby allowing traffic lanes to re-open.
Traffic incident management (TIM) “consists of a planned and coordinated multidisciplinary process to detect, respond to, and clear traffic incidents so that traffic flow may be restored as safely and quickly as possible”. Effective TIM reduces the duration and impacts of traffic incidents and improves the safety of motorists, crash victims, and emergency responders.
This 7 PDH online course is mainly intended for transportation engineers who are interested in ensuring transportation safety and developing traffic management programs to decrease congestion delays.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with Traffic Incident Management Gap Analysis
- Familiarizing with Components of a Successful Traffic Incident Management Program including TIM Program Strategic (Institutional) Capabilities, TIM Program Tactical (Technical/Operational) Capabilities and TIM Program Support (Financial/Technological) Capabilities
- Gaining a general overview of Roles and Responsibilities of Traffic Incident Management Stakeholders
- Learning about Traffic Incident Management Program within Transportation Operations Program
- Understanding the steps for Establishing a TIM Program
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.