Tips on Saving Energy in Your Home
This online engineering PDH course provides tips and information on how to save energy and money in your home through simple and achievable changes.
In the face of our current global sustainability challenges, it is our duty as a society to make individual changes to our personal lives to reduce our impact wherever possible. These changes should start within our homes, and contrary to what the majority may believe, we actually have the ability to save money and energy in our own home.
Saving energy reduces the demand for the resources needed to make energy, and improving your energy efficiency is like adding another clean energy source to an electric power grid. This results in reduced utility bills and additional money in your pocket. Furthermore, improving your energy efficiency can also improve the comfort of your home and your quality of life.
This 4 PDH online course is applicable to electrical, mechanical, and sustainable engineers, homeowners and contractors as well as others interested in learning more about how to save energy and money in homes.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the importance of conducting a home energy audit
- Learning about energy savings by weatherizing your home
- Understanding the importance of heating and cooling considerations
- Learning about the role of landscaping in energy reduction
- Familiarizing with the possible renewable energy options available to homeowners
- Understanding the basic principles of energy savings in relation to vehicles and fuels
- Familiarizing with the financial systems that are available in the US for supporting energy saving initiatives
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.