This online engineering PDH course discusses the fundamentals of thermodynamics which is the study of the relationship between heat and mechanical work; it is a branch of both physics and engineering science. This course analyzes the effects of changes in temperature, pressure and volume on physical systems at a macroscopic scale. It also explains how energy balances can be performed on facility systems and how efficiency can be calculated.
This 8 PDH online course is applicable to mechanical and chemical engineers, facility operators, maintenance personnel, and other technical staff who are interested in understanding the fundamentals of thermodynamics.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding thermodynamic properties
- Performing temperature and pressure measurements
- Learning the characteristics of energy, work, and heat
- Understanding thermodynamic systems and processes
- Understanding the change of phase
- Familiarizing with property diagrams and steam tables
- Knowing first and second law of thermodynamics
- Understanding compression processes
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review Volume 1 of the Department of Energy Publication DOE-HDBK-1012/1-92, "Thermodynamics" published by the Department of Energy.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.