Thermal Spraying Technology and Applications
This online engineering PDH course presents an overview of thermal spray technology and discusses thermal spray coating materials, processes, specifications, selection, surface preparation, application, inspection and testing, sealing, maintenance, and safety. This course will help readers to understand the different surface coating techniques for enhancing service life of their assets, boosting productivity and capacity of their machinery.
Most manufacturing and industrial equipments suffer heavy wear rates owing to their service conditions. Thermal spray coatings impart high-quality wear resistant properties to the base metal, which the base materials do not necessarily have. Thermal spraying is a surface coating technology by which metallic or nonmetallic materials are deposited in a molten or semi-molten condition onto a base metal surface to optimize its characteristics and to protect against wear, abrasion, corrosion and/or erosion. Numerous combinations of base material and coating material are possible.
This 4 PDH online course is aimed at mechanical engineers, process engineers, facility managers, operational and maintenance personnel responsible for design and upkeep of equipment.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the fundamental principles of thermal spray coatings
- Learning the various types of thermal spray materials
- Learning thermal spray coating cost and service life
- Selecting the proper thermal spray coating for different service environments
- Learning the different surface preparation techniques
- Familiaring with thermal spray coating applications
- Sealing and painting of thermal spray coatings
- Inspection and testingof tThermal spray coating
- Qualification of thermal spray applicator and equipment
- Maintenance of thermal spray coatings
- Taking safety precautions
- Understanding the environment and worker protection regulations
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Publication 1110-2-3401, "Thermal Spraying: New Construction and Maintenance".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.