Thermal Energy Storage for Space Cooling
This online engineering PDH course presents the principles behind thermal energy storage for space cooling. It illustrates the energy saving schemes and mechanisms that are directly and indirectly the result of cool storage systems. Furthermore, this course explains where to apply this technology and what to avoid. In addition, it describes the different types of cool storage systems, their applications & various configurations. Finally, this course highlights some of the installation requirements and maintenance impacts of cool storage systems.
Thermal energy storage for space cooling, also known as cool storage, chill storage, or cool thermal storage, is a technology that continues to improve through evolutionary design advances. Cool storage technology can be used to significantly reduce energy costs by allowing energy-intensive, electrically driven cooling equipment to be predominantly operated during off-peak hours when electricity rates are lower. In addition, some system configurations result in lower first costs and/or lower operating costs compared to non-storage systems.
The 3 PDH online course is intended for mechanical and electrical engineers, architects, and any other technical personnel interested in gaining a better understanding of thermal energy storage for space cooling.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the benefits of cool storage systems
- Familiarizing with the energy saving mechanisms of cool storage systems
- Learning where to apply and what to avoid in cool storage system applications
- Understanding how cool storage systems present an opportunity for energy savings via cold air distribution
- Understanding the design variations and different types of cool storage systems along with their respective applications and configurations
- Learning about the installation requirements and the maintenance impacts of cool storage systems
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.