Basic Principles of Metallurgy and Metalworking
This online engineering PDH course provides an overview of the topics of metallurgy and metalworking.The course discusses the parameters, properties, metalworking processes, and identification methods of metal alloys.
Metallurgy is a domain of materials science and engineering that studies the physical and chemical behavior of metallic elements, their inter-metallic compounds, and their mixtures, known as alloys. Metallurgy is also the technology of metals: the way in which science is applied to the production and industrialization of metals, and the engineering of metal components for use in products for consumers and manufacturers.
This 4 PDH course is intended for material, mechanical, civil, and chemical engineers who are interested in exploring the basic principles of metallurgy and metalworking principles.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the history of metallurgy
- Learning about metal properties and alloys
- Familiarizing with mechanical properties of metals
- Learning about strength in metals
- Familiarizing with corrosion resistance
- Familiarizing with types of iron, steel, as well as nonferrous metals and alloys
- Understanding the basics of metalworking processes
- Learning about metal identification and testing methods
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.