A Guide to Industrial Coatings and Metal Finishes
This online engineering PDH course presents the basics of industrial coatings and metal finishes. It discusses common types of industrial coatings systems, basic principles in corrosion, substrate preparation, cleaning procedures and more.
The term “paint” which is used to describe a liquid or paste typically applied to a surface through a variety of application methods; provides a protective coating against corrosion, weathering, and other forms of surficial decay.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for material, industrial, manufacturing, facilities, civil, electrical, mechanical and structural engineers, as well as other technical professionals who are interested in learning more about industrial coatings and metal finishes.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with paint characteristics (wet/dry)
- Familiarizing with paint layers (primers, intermediates, finishing, clearcoats)
- Learning about industrial protective coating standards
- Understanding the process of corrosion and corrosion cells
- Familiarizing with substrate surface preparation and cleaning procedures
- Learning about paint preparation and application methods
- Understanding steel, concrete, hi-temp, powder coating systems
- Learning about the types of metal finishes
- Understanding how to paint with zinc-rich primers
- Familiarizing with the types of painting defects
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.