This online engineering PDH course covers procedures for evaluating the stability of a stream channel reach and planning and design for restoration of an unstable stream channel reach to bring it back into a stable condition.
A natural stream channel remains stable over a wide range of flows, typically accumulating sediment during low flow periods and carrying sediment downstream during high flow periods. Changes to the channel, vegetation, floodplain, flow or sediment supply may affect the equilibrium and cause the stream channel to become unstable.
This 7 PDH online course is intended primarily for civil engineers, hydraulic engineers, hydrologists, and geologists. Someone completing this course will gain knowledge about stream channel evaluation and stream channel restoration procedures.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarization with the fluvial processes
- Learning stream assessment and survey procedures
- Understanding the Rosgen stream classification systems
- Learning how to conduct bankfull verification and gage station analyses
- Understanding the priority options for restoring incised streams
- Knowing the reference reach surveys
- Learning design procedures
- Understanding structures for stream restoration
- Understanding riparian-buffer re-establishment
- Developing erosion and sediment control plans
- Conducting flood studies
- Performing restoration evaluation and monitoring
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document, "Stream Restoration - A Natural Channel Design Handbook," prepared by the North Carolina Stream Restoration Institute and North Carolina Sea Grant.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.