Stormwater Best Management Practice Design: Basins
This online engineering PDH course provides design guidance for basin or pond BMPs including dry detention basins, wet/retention ponds and infiltration basins. The objectives are to create stormwater management BMPs that maximize the removal of pollutants and provide a certain measure of flood control.
The goals and objectives of best management practice (BMP) for stormwater management are as diverse as the situations to which they are applied.
This 8 PDH online course is applicable to civil and geotechnical engineers, site developers, and contractors as well as design and construction personnel involved with the planning and design of stormwater systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Overview of basins and ponds
- Discussion of selection factors and considerations
- Design criteria and analysis procedures for dry detention basins
- Design criteria and analysis procedures for wet/retention ponds
- Design criteria and analysis procedures for infiltration basins
- Review of construction specifications
- Guidance on inspection, maintenance and operational issues
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review Sections 1 through 6 of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Publication EPA/600/R-04/121B, "Stormwater Best Management Practice Design Guide: Volume 3 Basin Best Management Practices".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.