Steel Bridges: Fabricating the Structure
This online engineering PDH course explains the basic concepts of fabricating steel bridge structures and serves as a reference document to facilitate the communication between the fabricator and engineer.
Fabrication industry is constantly evolving as the steel structures are becoming stronger and more complex. The methods employed in the fabrication of a bridge structure will be as variable as the structure itself, with each fabricator utilizing their own means and methods for solving the problems associated with each structure.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to civil and structural engineers and professionals who are interested in learning more about the concept of steel bridge fabrication, assembly and materials.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Knowing the steel grades and attributes used in steel bridges
- Understanding the quality control measures and tests performed
- Exploring the different methods to utilize and lay out steel components
- Learning about the prefabrication process and the fabrication of members and assembly
- Familiarizing with the methods for steel surface protection of members
- Identifying and choosing the transportation method
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.