Steam System Basics and Energy Efficiency
This online engineering PDH course discusses the basics of steam systems, and provides a comprehensive technical overview of energy efficiency measures in steam generation, distribution, and use.
Steam is in heavy demand in industries requiring heating processes, and typically, it is an energy-intensive process to generate it. Optimizing the steam distribution system focuses on many different areas, with the boiler plant being just a part of the whole process.
Every part of the steam system, including the steam distribution and the end-use process, should perform at the highest efficiency to keep the operating costs to a minimum. The savings potential is enormous not only from a fiscal standpoint, but also from an environmental standpoint.
This 6 PDH online course is applicable to process engineers, energy managers, procurement and maintenance staff, operators, and all industry professionals involved in the design and operation of steam systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the key components of industrial steam generation, distribution, and use
- Understanding the principles of perfect combustion, excess air, and air-fuel ratio
- Identifying the typical energy losses of boiler/steam systems in facilities
- Learning about low-cost practical strategies to improve the energy efficiency of boiler/steam systems
- Understanding the required measures to reduce stack and blowdown losses
- Learning how to improve the distribution side of the steam system and its end-use efficiency
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.