Specialty Ball Bearings
This online engineering PDH course teaches basic principles of ball bearings and the many variations of ball bearings that are used in today's industrial products including a number of drawings depicting the mounting and application of these various products.
Ball bearings are precision engineering components that are used primarily to support rotating shafts in mechanical equipment. They can be found in everything from personal computers to passenger cars. They are of simple design and can be manufactured in mass production quantities. They can support heavy loads over a wide speed range and do it virtually friction free. They come in many different sizes and shapes, are relatively inexpensive, and require little or no maintenance. They have predictable design lives and operating characteristics and are truly a valuable asset to today's rotating equipment industry.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for mechanical engineers, automotive engineers, design engineers, and any other discipline interested in gaining a better understanding of specialty ball bearings in machine design or mechanical power transmission.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding ball bearing design and load bearing characteristics
- Understanding radial ball bearing mounting and application methods
- Learning about the types and use of ball bearing closures (seals & shields)
- Learning about the design and application of "maximum capacity" ball bearings
- Learning about the design and application of "adapter" ball bearings
- Learning about the design and application of "farm implement" ball bearings
- Learning about the design and application of "two-piece inner ring" ball bearings
- Learning about the design and application of "angular contact" ball bearings
- Learning about the design and application of "integral shaft" ball bearings
- Learning about the design and application of "double row" ball bearings
- Familiarizing with the use of ball bearing variations in the automotive field
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "Specialty Ball Bearings".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.