Solid Waste Disposal Facility - Design Criteria
This online engineering PDH course explains how to identify key design features and system components for the composite liner and leachate collection system. The technical considerations include:
- Design Concepts
- Design Calculations
- Physical Properties
- Construction Methods
New municipal solid waste landfill (MSWLF) facilities and lateral expansions of existing landfill units must comply with either a design standard or a performance standard for landfill design. The EPA has developed minimum regulatory requirements that should be considered during the design, construction, and operation of MSWLF units to ensure that they perform in a manner protective of human health and environment. These requirements apply to owners and/or operators of MSWLF units operating on or after
This 8 PDH online course is applicable to owners and/or operators of MSWLF units, as well as engineers, designers, managers, construction workers and any other personnel involved with the planning and design of municipal solid waste landfills.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
Designs Based on The Performance Standard:
- Leachate characterization and leakage assessment
- Leachate migration in the subsurface
- Leachate migration models
- Relevant point of compliance assessment
Composite Liners and Leachate Collection Systems:
- Soil liner component (soil properties, lab testing, design, construction, and testing)
- Flexible membrane liners (fml properties, design, installation and testing)
- Leachate collection systems (strength, compatibility, grading, drainage and filtration)
- Leachate removal systems (pumps, sumps, and standpipes)
- Inspections (field observations and laboratory testing)
In this professional engineering CEU professional engineering CEU course, you need to review Chapter 4, “Design Criteria” of the EPA “Solid Waste Disposal Facility” Technical Manual.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.