Selection Tips for Environmentally Safe Refrigerants
This online engineering PDH course provides guidance on the responsible use and selection of refrigerants in vapor compression refrigeration systems. The thermodynamic efficiency of a refrigeration system depends mainly on its operating temperatures. However, important practical issues such as the system design, size, initial and operating costs, safety, reliability, and serviceability etc. depend very much on the type of refrigerant selected for a given application.
Due to several environmental issues such as ozone layer depletion and global warming and their relation to the various refrigerants used, the selection of suitable refrigerant has become one of the most important issues in recent times. Replacement of an existing refrigerant by a completely new refrigerant, for whatever reason, is an expensive proposition as it may call for several changes in the design and manufacturing of refrigeration systems. Hence it is very important to understand the issues related to the selection and use of refrigerants.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to HVAC engineers, facility engineers, architects, environmentalists, operations and maintenance personnel, as well as consultants and contractors who construct, build and manage facilities.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the differences between primary and secondary refrigerants
- Understanding the phenomenon of ozone layer depletion and its relationship to various refrigerants
- Understanding the criteria used in refrigerant selection
- Understanding the thermo-physical, environmental and economic properties of refrigerants
- Understanding the numbering system used for designating refrigerants
- Understanding the international treaties and regulation in force on choice of refrigerants
- Understanding the available options for the replacements for CFCs and HCFCs
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled "Selection Tips for Environmentally Safe Refrigerants".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.