Selecting the Best Air Pollution Control Strategy
This online engineering PDH course provides guidance on how to approach the need to reduce air emissions from your sources, an area of growing concern. It describes the initial approach to reducing air emissions, such as understanding applicable air regulations and air permits to determine which pollutants must be reduced and by how much. The best method to reduce air emissions is to optimize your processes so that your facility is producing fewer emissions. When this is no longer feasible, end-of-pipe technologies are necessary.
This course also presents the factors and information necessary to determine whether a strategy is technically feasible in your application or not. It provides an overview of a number of conventional air pollution control equipment, their advantages and disadvantages, as well as basic information necessary for their design.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to chemical and environmental engineers as well as energy professionals involved with the compliance of air quality regulations and permits and the implementation of air pollution minimization programs.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning how to review your air permits and applicable regulations to determine which pollutants emission rates need to be reduced and by how much
- How to implement a "Pollution Prevention" program
- Understanding the type of data needed to evaluate which air pollution control strategy is most appropriate technically for your source
- Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of a number of major air pollution control equipment types
- Understanding major design information necessary for the equipment to be effective in your application
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled "Selecting the Best Air Pollution Control Strategy".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.